Advancing social and cultural renewal through sound anthroposophical application.
Grounded in beauty, truth and wisdom
It is our intention at Samford Valley Steiner School to be true to the spirit and intentions of the educational impulses and anthroposophical insights offered by Rudolf Steiner. We are continually striving to provide and develop a curriculum and learning programme that is inspired by a deep understanding of human development; embraces and reflects the universal values of freedom, equality, peace and democracy; and values diversity and individual worth.
All curriculum content and experiences offered to young people during their schooling are purposefully and consciously considered in light of how and when the activity or knowledge will best support the child’s natural development. Our teachers work to create a school where goodness, beauty and truth permeate the pedagogical, physical and social fabrics.
The Board of the Rudolf Steiner Education Group Brisbane (the association that established the school) and the College of Teachers (CoT) of Samford Valley Steiner School together developed the school’s vision from their respective mission statements.
College of Teachers Mission
That Samford Valley Steiner School be a living and contemporary embodiment of the spiritual, cultural, and educational impulse of anthroposophy that contributes towards social renewal in the world.
To provide the welcoming environment and stable framework (encompassing the Board’s four pillars) that encourages the maximum number of children to enjoy an education underpinned by the principles of Anthroposophy as given by Rudolf Steiner, whereby, our highest endeavour is to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and meaning to their lives.
- SVSS values teachers’ inner willingness to teach out of Steiner’s human developmental picture in order to deliver a living pedagogy.
- SVSS teachers deliver a rigorous and balanced curriculum through the inclusion of the arts, movement and academics; inspired by the unique nature of the main lesson.
- Professional development in the light of anthroposophy is provided and expected to be pursued with an ongoing commitment.
- Staff and students learn through lived experiences in a beautiful and nurturing natural and built environment.
- SVSS’s structure provides a stable framework through collaborative heart leadership.
- SVSS values and respects the uniqueness and dignity of each student, nurturing and supporting each individual’s potential to emerge as a resilient, ethical human being.
- Clear, transparent communication which fosters warm, caring relationships and recognises individual contributions, encouraging community growth.
Samford Valley Steiner School values excellence in education based on honesty, tolerance, reverence, responsibility and hard work.